- 3 Power Sources
- Automatic Shut-Off
- Pressure Detection
- Accessories Included
- 2-Years Limited Warranty
Best With High PSI
- High PSI
- Automatic Shutoff
- 3 Inflation Power Sources
- Onboard Accessory Storage
- Dual Inflation/Deflation Modes
So, here’s a memory from my past when I was young. Back then my dad bought a new bicycle for me on my birthday. And with my Ferrari… there came a handy-dandy hand air pump installed on its center rod.
So, usually, most of the time when the tire goes flat was during hot summers. It was a bit of an annoying job sweating in the sun on the playground… refilling the tires.
Refilling in a bicycle’s tire was more annoying than what about the cars, SUVs, and other rides that we folks have tucked into our garages.
So, seeing these cordless air compressors just jogged up this memory of mine. Amazingly, the invention of these best cordless tire inflators has reduced that same physical effort.
The specially engineered all-purpose mechanism gives them great portability and power. Jobs like inflating tires, swimming pool accessories, and kayaks are so simple.
Plus, they are the inflation helpers in your homes as well on the roads in your journey. Carrying a cordless tire inflator in your car saves you from flat tire issues, and your “VIP Visits” to the inflation stations as well.
But getting the best cordless tire inflator is rigorous training. So, that’s why we have written down this buyer’s guide. But, before, I move to the buying guide there is a minor issue that I want to discuss with you.
Best Cordless Tire Inflator 2023 [Buying Guide]
The know-how about the PSI rating will help buy the inflator. It is related to the quantity of airpower deliver to the tire at a time.
In the case of tires, the PSI value set for inflation depends on the type of vehicle, wheels, and temperature. Usually, most of the inflators in the market have an automatic shut-off feature at the given PSI input.
For tires demanding greater pressure, you will need an inflator with high PSI ratings.
The inflation time or the run time is also an important factor to consider while purchasing the inflator. This is mainly related to the duty cycle of the inflator. Greater the duty cycle longer the run time.
The tools with lower duty cycles will heat up quickly if run for a long period. Thus, you have to turn them off to let them cool down. The run time also depends on the battery strength.
Meaning how long it can provide power to continue the inflating process? Thus, the combination of both duty cycle and battery backup will evaluate the run time.
Auto Shut-Off Mechanism
The auto shut-off mechanism simply allows your intervention to set up the desired PSI value. Then the process continues on its own until the inflation reaches up to the pre-set value.
Once the desired level is attained, inflation stops automatically. This handy auto shut-off feature eliminates the risk of over-inflation or tire bursts.
Portable inflators are prone to noise according to their size and application. The noise becomes a real problem when you are leaning to blow up the tire and the pump starts rumbling during the inflation.
The loudness beyond the level your ears can withstand will distract and irritate you despite their performance. Be sure to single out the product that generates noise within an acceptable range.
The cordless inflators are usually lightweight and compact. Therefore, they are easy to carry anywhere for the sake of a possible emergency that arises on the way.
Some are designed to fit in the palm, and some are designed to stay on feet. However, both builds are handy and portable, and you can conveniently place them on the seat or dickey of the car.
Best Cordless Inflator Reviews 2023
List of Best Cordless Inflator
- BLACK+DECKER BDINF20C – Best Automatic Cordless Tire Inflator
- DeWalt 20V Inflator – Best Cordless Inflator With Highest PSI
- Milwaukee M12 Inflator – Best Fastest Portable Cordless Tire Inflator
- Ryobi Cordless Inflator – Best Powerful Cordless Tire Inflator With Gauge
- Oasser Air Compressor – Best Cheap Cordless Car Tire Inflator
BLACK+DECKER BDINF20C Cordless Inflator [Best Automatic Cordless Tire Inflator]
9.6 / 10
This is a multi-purpose and versatile tool that can cope with inflation requirements wherever desired. It can be powered up with any of the three power sources available.
Also, this guy runs on a BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Lithium-Ion battery. 12V DC when you are on the road, 20V battery when in the courtyard, and 120V AC plug-in option when inside the home. It’s a balanced cordless inflator for me.
The high PSI rating grants the ability to produce high-pressure output. This type of output is best suited for inflatables such as air mattresses and rafts.
As it can inflate the tires and sports balls quickly. There is also the deflate function that quickly empties the air for faster clean-up.
For your convenience, it is equipped with a digital pressure gauge that is used to view the current pressure and adjust the target pressure.
An automatic shutoff system that stops the unit when the set pressure is achieved. Peace of mind for you as you won’t need any external gauge for pressure checking manually.
The inflator comes at a reasonable price and is backed by 2 years limited warranty. The shipping package contains one each of the ball needles, Presta valve adapter, small inflatable, and large volume hose.
- 2 years of warranty support
- Compact and smart design
- Easy to operate and handle
- The deflating option runs very well
- Works fine in the cold temperature
- Automatic shut-off at the desired pressure
- Include all necessary accessories for inflating different tires
- Can power up on either direct AC, the battery of the car cigarette lighter adapter
- A bit on the louder side
- Comes with the tool only
- The battery needs to be charged very often
- Malfunctioning complaints when on battery
DEWALT DCC020IB 20V Cordless Air Inflator [Best Cordless Inflator With Highest PSI]
9.4 / 10
DeWalt is one of the industry-leading manufacturers of power tools. The company owns a wide range of versatile and durable equipment. The Cordless Tire Inflator DCC020IB is also one on that huge list.
Durable and versatile to be used in any job site or on the go with the trio power sources. You can power it up with any of three sources 20V battery, 12V DC or 110V AC.
There are durable rubber hoses and digital gauges for high-pressure handling. When the set pressure is reached, the auto shut-off system stops the inflation process.
The DeWalt DCC020IB is the only automatic cordless tire inflator with the highest pressure of 160 PSI in our review.
That’s why it can easily air up a wider range of vehicle tires, sports balls, and other inflatables. But, I know it’s only a single tool, and you need the same 20V Max 5.0Ah battery for it.
With the push of a button, the high-volume hose quickly inflates the mattresses and other inflatables. It can be moved to deflate mode to let out the air quickly from an inflatable object to collapse.
Integrated LED light is used for illuminating dark surroundings. The rubber feet on the base absorb vibrations and reduce movement during operation.
- Fast deflate mode
- Best for high flow and high pressure
- All the accessories are stored onboard
- Powerful battery provides greater backup
- LED light for use in an emergency at night
- 3-way power for home, in the car, and yards
- Large-diameter blower hose for high volume
- Attachments for inflating a variety of inflatables
- Precise digital gauge to shut off the air at the predetermined PSI
- A bit on the pricier side
- Comes with the tool only
- It is difficult to connect with the hose
- You have to buy the AC adapter separately
- Adjusted PSI reset whenever achieved
Milwaukee 2475-20 Cordless Compact M12 Inflator [Best Fastest Portable Cordless Tire Inflator]
9.3 / 10
This smart inflator is designed to fulfill the most-wanted applications of a variety of vehicles. The m12™ handy inflator ensures ultimate power and strength. The highly efficient pump and the motor deliver 120 PSI.
The Milwaukee claims it to be the fastest cordless inflator that fills up a car’s tire in less than a minute at 28 – 35 PSI. At the same time, it can fill up the truck tire within 4 minutes at 30 – 45 PSI.
The truefill™ auto shut-off technology permits accurate pressure output. It also protects from over-temperature and over-filling. It senses the filling speed for precise output and automatically shut off at the desired PSI level.
The M12 compact inflator weighs only 2.94 lbs which makes it extremely portable and easy to carry around. The battery this guy uses is an M12 Redlithium 6.0 Extended Battery.
There is a large backlit LCD for easily reading the settings at the night. Plus, the illuminated digital gauge also helps in reading the adjusted and current pressure.
Includes a wide hose along with the Schrader chuck made of brass. All the vital components are assembled in weather and impact-resistant cage fitted with anti-vibration feet.
- Fastest to inflate tires
- Compact and portable
- Large hose for high volume
- Easy to grip and lightweight
- Easy-to-read LCD with backlit
- Come with all necessary attachments
- Powerful enough to deliver true 120 PSI
- The body can withstand impact and weather
- Digital gauge light up to view and set the pressure
- Anti-vibration feet to prevent movement during pumping
- Engineered with truefill™ auto shut-off technology
- Overheat when on batteries
- No option to power up on AC
- Don’t have the car cigarette plug-in
- The charger is not included in the package
Ryobi P737 18-Volt ONE+ Portable Cordless Power Inflator For Tires [Best Powerful Cordless Tire Inflator With Gauge]
9.0 / 10
Before I go to the Ryobi P737 review, as a tool bud I’ll just mention that Ryobi is one of the most powerful renowned companies. They have a pretty serious number of tools in their arsenal manufactured worldwide.
Their ONE+ system ranges from saws, fans, sprayer kits, leaf blowers, batteries, chargers, drills n drive kits, compressors, inflators, etc. Not to mention the different versions each tool has.
From the list, comes the Ryobi 18v power inflator. It’s a compact yet powerful cordless inflator. Connected with a Ryobi ONE+ renowned battery system. The duet of inflators with a battery saves precious time and will accompany you for years.
The ergonomic pistol grip handle design boasts its portability. You can conveniently strip this smart little junior to your bicycle or can easily place it in the rear of your lorry.
Smart and powerful enough to inflate the tires of most demanding vehicles such as bikes, cars, and trucks. It can also be used for small inflatables like kiddie pools and sports equipment around the house.
The only problem is the missing battery. This little guy uses the One+ 18 Volt Battery 1.5Ah Lithium-Ion.
It is equipped with 2 high-pressure nozzles, a needle for sports items, and an onboard pressure gauge to maintain pressure accuracy.
The nozzles and bits are stored in a compartment at the base of the unit for your convenience.
- Handy and portable
- Durable and powerful inflator
- Ergonomically designed handle
- Include all essential accessories
- Storage partition for accessories
- Ability to air up a variety of inflatables
- Installed with ONE+ battery mechanism
- No auto-shutoff feature
- There is no digital gauge
- Comes with the tool only
- Do not include battery and charger
- You have to press the switch repeatedly to continue the inflation process
Oasser Air Compressor, 12V Mini Cordless Inflator [Best Cheap Cordless Car Tire Inflator]
9.0 / 10
The Oasser mini 12v inflator is fitted with a high-capacity rechargeable battery of 2000 mAh. It is powered up with any dual voltage, 110V AC for plugging into the home socket, and 12 V DC for car charging with a Cigar Lighter cable.
It also supports fast charging but it is not recommended to activate the pump during charging.
It has built-in voltage protection that automatically cuts off the power when the voltage becomes too low. It also prevents the full discharging of the battery when not in use for a long time.
The LCD digital pressure gauge with presets ensures precise and accurate delivery as per the need of the tire. Also, the LCD of the pressure gauge is backlit, which helps in reading the display at the night.
On the display, 2 optional units for pressure output are shown as PSI, BAR, and KPA kg/cm². When the preset pressure is achieved, the pump automatically stops inflation.
Another ingenious feature that is extremely beneficial at night is the LED flashlight. The 8 LED super bright light beads can be operated by a separate switch for a convenient pump during a night emergency.
The maximum pressure of 120 PSI with a team of nozzles and adapters can easily inflate sports balls, swimming pool accessories, and other inflatable toys. It can also blow up small vehicles such as cars, bicycles, and motorcycles.
Insulated silicone protection with an anti-scalding design prevents overheating during pumping.
The compact design with a comfortable grip makes it easy to carry and place anywhere. Its mini electric pump assembles to make it the smallest portable inflatable pump.
The company launches its product at a very reasonable cost along with 1-year product service support with a product refund offer.
Novice users can follow the given instructions for using accessories and battery charging.
- 2-way power source
- Fast charging support
- Low voltage usage protection
- Ergonomic handle grip design
- High-pressure rating of 120 PSI
- Backlit LCD digital pressure gauge
- Easily blow up the small inflatables
- The powerful battery of 2000 mAh rating
- An LED flashlight helps to inflate in the dark
- Anti-scalding design to prevent overheating
- Automatically stops inflation at the preset value
- Product support or you can return it within 1 year
- Heat up on a few inflations
- Slow to air-up the objects
- Not recommended for full-flat tires
- May not perform well during fast charging
- Turns off on heating, and wait for it to cool down to get into operation again
My Personal Recommendation
If I have to buy then I’ll go for the Black and Decker Cordless Tire Inflator. Because the rating is good, the price is fair, it has all three AC, DC, and battery support as well.
On the other hand, Black and Decker are securing me and you with a 2 years warranty. So, that one is suitable for me and my car. Plus, I don’t even need to worry about the batteries.
Best Cordless Tire Inflator FAQs
Q: Are cordless tire inflators any good?
Ans: Cordless tire inflators are extremely helpful. Just for airing up your car, bike, or any other ride and inflatable you don’t need to go to a station, you don’t have to use an air compressor, nor do you gonna do the manual work. Thus, all of these inflation jobs are done easily as well as swiftly by these small machines.
Q: How Does A Cordless Tire Inflator Work?
Ans: The cordless tire inflators work on 3 power sources. Mainly, the battery, the AC, and the DC source. You don’t need to move along an extension cord to run these types of inflators. Plus, they come with needles and adapters packed to do other inflation jobs. Lastly, they have an automatic shut-off system that power-off the inflator when the required pressure is achieved.
Q: Who Sells Cordless Tire Inflator?
Ans: Here are some of the famous companies that sell the best cordless tire inflator:
Q: What Is The Best Cordless Tire Inflator?
Ans: Below is the list of best cordless tire inflators:
1. BLACK+DECKER BDINF20C – Best Automatic Cordless Tire Inflator
2. DeWalt 20V Inflator – Best Cordless Inflator With Highest PSI
3. Milwaukee M12 Inflator – Best Fastest Portable Cordless Tire Inflator
4. Ryobi Cordless Inflator – Best Powerful Cordless Tire Inflator With Gauge
5. Oasser Air Compressor – Best Cheap Cordless Car Tire Inflator
Q: What Is The Best Battery Operated Tire Inflator?
Ans: If you look at it from the perspective of battery then here are the best battery operated tire inflators:
1. BLACK+DECKER BDINF20C: 20V Max Lithium-Ion Battery, Charger Kit, 18 Months Charge Hold Up, Battery With 2 Years Limited Warranty.
2. DeWalt 20V Inflator: 20V Max Lithium-Ion Battery, Charger & Bag Kit, XR Battery 5.0Ah, Battery With 3 Years Limited Warranty.
3. Milwaukee M12 Inflator: Milwaukee M12 6.0 Battery 2 Pack, Redlithium XC Technology, 6.0Ah Extended Pack.
Q: Where Can I Buy A Ryobi Cordless Tire Inflator?
Q: Does Car Need To Be Running To Use Tire Inflator?
Ans: If you’re using a cordless tire inflator then you don’t need the engine to be running. Plus, it’s safest to turn the car off when you’re going to inflate your car tires. It saves fuel and power because it’ll take time in inflation depending on the cordless inflator you’re using.